07 September 2021

Gooseneck

Back when I was a kid, if you wanted to mount a red-dot on your AR, and you didn't want a chin-weld, you needed a goose-neck mount.

With a Primary Arms Micro Red-Dot MD-RBGII it has an absolute co-witness that is easy to get your eye on but near impossible to get a picture of.


 Can't see the dot, but you can see the sight picture, sort-of.

With the mount, it adds 9.1 oz. to the tare of the rifle.  I might get the thinnest of the height spacers to make it a 1/3 co-witness, but I will go shooting first.

I dialed the dot to rest on the top of the front-sight while looking through the sights; and it appears to hold zero when I remove the whole assembly from the carry handle.

That's important, because otherwise it wouldn't fit in my M12 rifle rack!

The sight picture really encourages the proper two-eyes open aiming method for red-dots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.