07 September 2021

Taller Mount

The American Defence AD-T1 mount is just a little bit higher than the factory one, and since I had one laying around anyway...  It's a bottom half co-witness now and having the dot a little higher makes it a lot easier to acquire in some "point it around the bedroom" testing.  We only use the most rigorous testing protocols here at Casa de McThag!

The American Defence mount adds 1.1 oz. to the weight of the assembly, but the extra height and the option to quickly ditch it are nice.

I have also confirmed that the goose-neck mount will keep its zero, making security simpler because Linda can be stored in the M12 rack under lock and key instead of loose under lock and key in the secure closet.  I like having more than one layer of locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.