04 January 2021

Accepting Reality

I like flight sims.

I used to sit at my computer and fly all manner of planes in a virtual space.

But not for a long time despite still having the computer and software I last used.

I've been watching videos of people playing Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) and got excited for a while to play this new, gorgeous, sim.

I started accumulating information on what my new computer would need to be and...

I'm never going to save up the money.

It's not a matter of getting the money together.  It's that I don't want this new, expensive, computer to play a game more than I want dozens of other pass-times.

Let's face it, except for this game, it's not going to do any other computer thing I wanna do better than a far cheaper machine.

So, with a heavy heart, I unsubscribed from the channels where I'd been watching other people play the game and stopped going to forums dedicated to it.

I've got mixed emotions.  There's a measure of sadness to let this hobby go, but also no small amount of relief too.

1 comment:

  1. Experienced somewhat the same thing with 'World of Tanks' and 'World of Warships.' I enjoyed both games. I did not enjoy the constant level of harassment due to my 'old' laptop and 'underperforming' system.

    It seems you need a dedicated $6k gaming tower with matching gaming keyboard and gaming mouse and gaming sound system and gaming communications system in order to play a 'free' game, else you will incur the wrath of basement dwellers everywhere.

    Cluebat moment. I play to escape reality. If I can't just diddle around alone, I'll go elsewhere. Maybe go ahead and pay $10 for that Diablo II download and play solo.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.