31 January 2021

Unhatched Egg

Waiting for the shipment from S&W is a bit like it being Christmas Eve and waiting for Santa.

When I first talked about this on a forum there was a lot of hopeful speculation that I'd be getting a brand new gun because the Sigma is abandonware at S&W and that there weren't parts available to fix the problem mine had.

I'd assumed since they just gave me a tracking number that I was getting my original Sigma back.

A different gun would require shipping to an FFL because The Law, right?

A couple of responses in that thread have mentioned brand new guns being sent directly to the customer in lieu of the busted original.

I really did think that was illegal.  Anyone know for sure?  A reply on a gun forum is worth what you pay for it, so they could simply be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. It is legal as long as it is a direct replacement from the manufacturer for a firearm that cannot be repaired.
    I am not a legal expert but that is the way it used to be. I had a new shotgun returned to me when the damaged one was beyond repair.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.