23 January 2021

The Reunion Attendance Possibilities Is Getting Sparse

Mira Furlan, who played Delenn on Babylon 5 has passed away from West Nile Virus at the age of 65.

There's damn few of the main cast still with us and that sucks.

Babylon 5 stood out for a number of reasons to me.

The overarching, multi-season plot was not least of it.

The fact that it was actual, Niven definition, science fiction made it really break out from it's Star Dreck competition.

It never had the budget that Paramount threw casually at Star Trek, which made costuming and sets kind of cheap, but it used state of the art CGI for all of the outside shots.

2 comments:

  1. Dammit. Still one of the best shows ever on TV. Wonderful music, huge galaxy-spanning stories, some of the best 'unknown' and '2nd rate' actors that did a far better job than most A-list actors.

    The costuming was good. Things made sense, like why there were lurkers in the less-well-travelled-sections of B5.

    Just watched the whole series last year.

    Lando and Vir, what a combo.

    And any show that can sell Melissa Gilbert as a baddy (and a hot baddie at that) has got my vote.

    Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angus;

    Yeah I was bummed out, The storyline arc was really good, although I was *Meh* about the 5th season and "Lord Byron" How tragic Londo character ended up, it was really good and if you can't watch "sleeping in light" without getting a tear, you ain't human. As you can tell from my avatar, I was a huge fan, even now I would stack it up with the latest offerings on TV and it would do well.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.