16 January 2021

Let's Panic About Something Else Now!

Overheard someone breathlessly reporting that UPS had stopped all shipping of ammunition.

They said they got it right from the driver's mouth that only ammo still in the system was being delivered and no new shipments would be.

I think I found what was going on, but don't have the wherewithal to confirm it.

I believe that the issue isn't the ammo, but the change in labeling from ORM-D to some Hazmat sticker.

Anything marked with ORM-D after x date is improperly marked and cannot be shipped.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/ground-orm-d.page

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

Their own webpage seems to confirm my theory.

1 comment:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.