18 January 2021

Reading Too Much Into It?

I poked at Smith and Wesson about my Sigma and got this reply.

Angus,

The firearm is currently in the repair process. Once the firearm has been repaired they will log in the repair notes. Average turnaround time for warranty repairs at this time is approximately 6-8 weeks.

You will receive an email with return tracking information upon completion of your firearm.

We apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience and understanding in the matter.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us

Thank you and Have a Great Day!

Smith&Wesson values its customers and we are happy to have served you today. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Regards, Veronica

That sure sounds like they're graciously covering it under warranty if it's already in the repair process without contacting me to proceed.

Eyes crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Good thing you got Veronica, she comes from money and giving out freebies is sorta' the Lodge way. That Cooper chick, on the other hand, is working class to the bone. Betty would charge your ass in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was covered when we had to send my pop's Sigma in for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am reading this right and it's being warrantied, I am very pleasantly surprised.

      I am not the first owner and the gun had clearly been tinkered with before I started tinkering to fix the tinkering.

      I'd have been bummed, but was prepared to accept, "It's busted, you're boned."

      Delete
  3. Nice! Hope you get it back in working order soon! Ideally with a machined part instead of MIM, but even a proper good MIM part should give you years of service if you treat it right, and I know you will.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.