24 January 2021

Oh! So That's How That Works!

Despite not being much of a fan of magazine disconnects, I seem to accumulate designs with this feature.

On most guns, it's pretty easy to disable.

You just have to figure out how they work.

Smith and Wesson's family of semi-auto pistols starting with the Model 39 have one.

I'd read, in several places, to disable it, you needed to remove the rear sight.

That got me really curious about how it worked.

It's really simple.

The ejector is also a lever.

If it's pressed down into the frame, it disconnects the trigger.

There's a plunger in the slide, under the rear sight, which presses down on the ejector.

The magazine pushes the ejector back up and lets the trigger work.

So far I have resisted taking the Model 910 down far enough to see HOW depressing the ejector disables the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.