20 January 2021

Femme ST

GURPS makes no distinction between the sexes with regards to stats.

The average woman gets the same ST 10 as the average man.

Adventurers get a lot more points than the average person, but the starting strength for both sexes is still 10.

But...

In the real world I've been bumping into lots and lots of XX chromosome people who can't rack a slide.

In the Vette world I've seen many ladies who cannot remove the targa top on their own car without assistance.

It makes you wonder if ST 10 is appropriate, in the real world, for the average woman.

There's no debate in a game world.  A game is supposed to be FUN and starting two points short on ST without any corresponding advantage isn't fun.

1 comment:

  1. AD$D at least dropped one point strength for females and bumped their dex one point, at least in the supplemental rules.

    I'd say the strength difference is more like 2 to 3. From just what I saw fighting in the SCA. Me, a chairrat, could easily overpower powerlifting females. And last longer in endurance challenges.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.