27 January 2021

Saive Me

My favorite 9x19 is, by far, the JMB inspired, Dieudonné Joseph Saive developed, Grand Puissance.

When your gun is used by both sides in WW2 and almost everyone in NATO adopts it, you made a winner.

It stuck the landing so hard that it took concerted effort with the wonder nines to supplant it.

FN even registered protests with the US pistols trials over the double action requirements.

Though the first 9mm I owned was a Glock, my love has always been to HP.

The HP appears on so very many character sheets in historical settings thanks to its 13 round magazine.  More beans is never a bad choice in any RPG with firearms.  The High Power is available from 1936, and there isn't another double stack that you can convince a GM actually existed until 1971 and the S&W Model 59 hits the shelves.

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to like the HP, but with bigger hands I'd heard that hammer bite could be an issue. And modifying one, much less affording one to begin with, always seemed to be out of reach. Then I discovered the CZ-75, which I liken to sort of a poor man's HP. I love the ergonomics of the CZ, and have never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My spur hammer doesn't bite me. The round hammer versions do. I did get bit a couple of times with the spur with the factory plastic grips. Since I put on the purty Craig Spegel stocks, all has been gravy.

      I've heard from MANY people how nice the 75 is. Makes me afraid to try them for fear of falling in love and having to get another gun. Another gun? Oh. The. Horror. How. Will. I. Survive?

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.