01 October 2021

Never Mind

The problem has returned with code C0161.

The service manual gives zero fucking guidance as to how to cure it beyond telling me that it's the brake position sensor.

Code C0277 (which did show yesterday, but not since cleared) gives a much better guide to troubleshooting it.

I don't have the Tech 2 to see what the BCM is reading from the BPP.

I can check to see if pin A on the BPP connector will light a test light from B+.

I have already confirmed that pin C has 5v with the key on.

I need a jumper and a Tech 2 to check pin B.

If any of these tests fail, confirm the wiring is intact from the BPP to the BCM.  Two person job with one of us buzzing from the driver's side and the other from the passenger footwell.

If the wiring is all good, but any of the three circuits fails these tests.  New BCM.

I had the BCM replaced in 2018 because I bent a fuse holder with a multimeter probe looking for some switched 12v for my radar detector.

Because opening the BCM is a difficult endeavor, I had to get a new one.

$500 out the door, but I kept the core.

Tonight, I drilled out the threaded sleeves that hold it together and confirmed that it was just the fuse holder being bent.  I smushed the pins back together and, in theory, I have a good BCM again...

It's the one that came with the car, so it should be all propagated with the options and shit.  It's not a hard swap.

I don't have the $500 after the Bear disaster, to be honest.

I am, however, still quite happy that my kitty is still with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.