16 September 2022

Because Mac

My printer/scanner/copier is ancient.

It was new tech when my Mac Pro was new tech in 2008!  I can't really get a newer one because there simply aren't drivers for the version of OSX I run.

It has happily done everything we asked.

Until The Lovely Harvey tried to print with her spiffy new Win11 lappy.

The machine did not detect the printer automatically.

So I told it to search from the set up section.  Nope.

So I called JT and he directed me to the HP help section where they had a tutorial.

The tutorial works, with massive delays while Win11 talks to the mothership.

Most galling in the manual setup is when you select the printer port, it says USB001: HP C4200 Series in the list.

Fucking machine CAN see the printer, it just won't automatically install it.

Then you let it talk to the mothership to download drivers.

HP is listed three damn times in the list and has different printers in each HP selection, but I finally found it and have successfully printed a test page.

Hurray for me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was an excellent comment I had to delete because the commenter didn't sign it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.