20 September 2022

Decision Made

 I went with the smaller build which is a recreation and update of the set I had.

I even incorporated the original LL924 brick.

Discolored by years of play.  43 year old Lego is still compatible with the new stuff.

You can't say that about some of the Chinese copies from week to week.

It's a lot different and larger from the 1979 version:


 As expected, there are a couple of parts left over...

I looked for the parts to make the original, and they're all almost there.  The t-tail parts have all broken over the years.  They weren't a good design and I haven't seen them in a new set for decades.

That original set included my first two mini-figs.

And, of course, I still have them!  The white suited one got the most play and lost his white hands somewhere along the way.  He was my main "character" until he got replaced by the yellow suited one (now lost) and then the black suited one.

He's lost his original helmet.  I replaced it as soon as the ones with the faceplate came available.  The original is probably still rolling around in my Lego box.

1 comment:

  1. I had very few Lego when I was a kid. My parents were "frugal" and didn't really believe in a lot of toys for kids in general. What little I had of blocks were mostly the knock-off ones, which even in those days were crappy. I guess that's probably why I never really developed a huge interest in them.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.