02 September 2022

Winter Is Coming

Soon we will get a cold front worthy of the name and the Hawaiian shirts will come out of the closet with the Miami Classic!

I'll be toting my new S&W M&P 9 2.0 Compact this season, tipping the scales (with 46 rounds) at 3 lb. 13.6 oz.

This is my lightest shoulder holster package since I stopped packing the P232, and I didn't pack spare ammo with that one!

Since it accepts normal M&P 17-rounders I could add four rounds to the carry package and increase the mass to 3 lb. 15.7 oz.

The previous light loadout was the M&P 45C at 3 lb. 14 oz. with the 8-round mags or 4 lb. 3.2 oz. with 10-rounders for spares.  25 and 29 rounds respectively.

8 comments:

  1. have you seen the new springfield prodigy double stack 1911...what a sweet chunk of metal...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. My paws and double stack 1911 are traditionally non-compatible.

      Delete
  2. it's a double stack 9mm... Chinese with a 17 rnd and 20 rnd mag and they make a 26 rnd mag for it... almost shit myself when I saw the prices on the mags...$60 and up... the gun ain't cheap either...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chinese with a? Autocorrupt spelling something for us?

      Delete
    2. supposed to be comes with... sorry...panzer guy

      Delete
    3. I've read about it now. I think if I was going to spend that much for a metal 9mm I'd get the FN High-Power 2.0. The FN just speaks to me more and the magazines are "just" $56.

      Delete
  3. Galco Jackass w/ FEG High Power (the actual proper clone, not any of the later goofiness) here, and Hawaiian shirts all day err'day.here. Cover vest is a little obnoxious in the summer, but that holster is the easiest one to remove when I get to weapons-prohibited work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marv has one of those FEG. It's a good gun. I'd have one except I wanted a real FN and paid the extra coin for an ex-Israeli one.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.