19 September 2022

Book Burning

Banning a book from an elementary school is not the same thing as completely banning a book.

Banning a book from a public library is not the same as forbidding its publication.

If the book can be published and, with little to no difficulty, purchased from Amazon; it is not banned.

Trust me here, kids, as a gun-owner I know from banned.

The issue, again, is a very slim minority wants people who are not ready for the material to be exposed to it before they can put the information in context.

Perhaps its more clear to me from my reading on some unsavory topics.

You want to know who makes perfect sense without context?

The Klu Klux Klan.

As long as you don't introduce any outside facts to what they were pitching way back when... it's perfectly sensible and logical to be a racist.

It's a house of cards, but as long as there's no wind...

And that alone makes me think that evil is being done by the people who want these books in front of children who've no tool-set to understand the context of the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.