26 September 2022

I Shall Pass


 

Should we end up intact, but without power, I think I'm going to break out the old paper copy of The Lord of the Rings and start re-reading it.

It's been a good long time since I've sat down and read it and if there's no power and no internet, I will have plenty of time.

To be completely honest, if circumstance align to make it so we can't cook, I will still survive.

Being a bit tubby fat will allow you to miss a few meals as long as you can get water.

We have water laid in.

We have food and a means to cook it, but...

In other good news: They keep shifting the landfall "east" which translates to SOUTH for us on the Gulf Coast.

Pinellas looks to be under the gun now instead of me...

OR it runs along the coast 4-6 miles out in the Gulf as it loses power and passes by as a Cat 2.

OR anything between...

The important thing is it losing strength as it approaches us and we've done that level of storm here before.

I need more scotch.

I think I will attempt to get a bunch of ice to fill some coolers tomorrow so I have cubes for the scotch.

1 comment:

  1. I live in the midwest and tornadoes are enough for me. Hurricanes are tornadoes with water. yikes! -JKing

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.