07 September 2022

Free Gallon Of Gas!

If you start The Beast in "engineering mode" it will show you lots of, mostly useless, things.

One of those things is how much fuel is left in the tank, in liters.

When I pulled into the station, I turned on engineering mode and it read 25.1 liters.

I added 10.627 US gallons (40.23 l) to the tank and the fuel remaining now reads 69.6 l.

25.1 + 40.23 = 65.33.

I got 4.27 l or more than a gallon for free!

Or, most likely, that the fuel level sender is as accurate as every sender I've ever had.

Except The Rust Monster.  The gas gauge in that rusted hulk of a '76 Camaro was dead nuts.  It was uncanny.

3 comments:

  1. I'd rather have a numeric readout showing me exactly how many gallons are left than the gauge I have. I'm sure there are a hundred and one good reasons I can't, but it'd be very, very handy, particularly if I'm way low on fuel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main reason you can't have one is that the shape of the tank is not the same its entire depth and that would mean the manufacturers would have to actually produce something that isn't just an approximation of fuel remaining.

      It could be done, of course, and it wouldn't even have to be expensive with all the computers in cars today.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.