07 September 2022

Oar Eye Kuhd Bee Ah Kewl Kid

While looking beyond the kilobuck event horizon at the FN High-Power...

I realized that a SIG P320 M17 is just under $700.  Under $600 because Bud's lets me use my DD214 to buy LE versions of it.

Mags are just under $50.

I'm flush with souless plastic pistols.  I've no need for another.

No need whatsoever.

I am curious about what the allure is for it, though.

I suspect, like the old M&P, it's the Gunwriter zeal.

Remember when everyone was drinking the Kool-Aid Flavor-Aid and dumping their Glocks?

Remember when those same everyones declared that they'd done all they could with their M&P and returned to Glock?

Then, when departments were availing themselves of SIG's generous, "we'll give you a brand new P320 in trade for every issue gun you give us."  AIM Surplus gets their LEO trade-in guns from someplace, after all.

Then, when the US Army finally decided that the replacement for the M9 would be a SIG P320...

The Glocks went away and we learned the virtues of the chassis system with a striker!

A chassis with a hammer was just a novelty, apparently.  Though it's more from complaining about the DAO nature of the P250 than the idea of an interchangeable grip module/slide-barrel modular gun.

SIGH.

And some of them wonder why we were depressed when they stopped being gun bloggers and became gun writers.  That and them becoming friends of diminutive douches.

But, hey, the P320 might be a great gun!

Die örtliche Polizei seem to like theirs.

3 comments:

  1. I felt one up a the gun store. the P320 has a real nice trigger for a striker pistol and better than a glock (low bar, I know). Problems have been reported with the P320 though, but maybe they're fixed by now? Of more interest to me is the SP2022 if I wanted a plastic SIG. The SP2022 being an established platform, and made under contract for several militaries and LEOS, seems to avoid Sig's current QC issues. -JKing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm just old fashioned because I kept my Glocks... The only other "plastic pistols" I have are P80 "Glock compatible". Oh... And a Kel-Tec too I guess, but I don't think that counts. Of course I don't get discounts from anyone nor do I have a taxpayer funded budget to replace things that are still perfectly functional...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Pasco, the taxpayers paid for Glocks. SIG-Sauer gave one P320 for each Glock traded in. Net cost to the taxpayer for the "upgrade" was $0. But it reveals what the production costs for a P320 must be in what AIM Surplus sold LEO trade in Glocks for. AIM was making a profit, so the must have paid less for the guns that SIG sold them.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.