10 September 2022

Chasing The Shiny

If a gun pre-dates Glock, it automatically sucks!

At least that's what I understand from reading forums.

The 1911 is a favorite to rag on.

Lately, thanks to FN making a new gun that looks a bit like it, the Hi-Power is in the barrel.

I try to be understanding, but guns that suck don't stay in service for nearly nine decades.

Even more fun is some of the nations still using the thing are having a hard time finding a gun which sufficiently outperforms them to be worth spending money to replace them.

That's not the earmark of a sucky gun.

Who's still rocking a Luger?

New isn't always better, even if new is much cheaper to make.

New is often simply just as good, but cheaper.

I happen to like mine, even though it gives "love bites" from the hammer.



3 comments:

  1. I love it when you post these pics. Hammer fired, metal framed pistols are my jam for practical and aesthetic reasons. I always wanted a Hi-Power, but it was out of my price range at the time. I got a CZ-75 instead and have been happy with it since. When I could afford the Hi-Power, they discontinued the thing. I've no interest in the new "High Power". -Jking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be another odd case myself... I learned to shoot with my father's 1911 and I still have my issued 1911 (manufactured in 1935)... Those are far and away my favorites to shoot and what I taught my wife and daughters to shoot with initially before switching them over to a more comfortable 9mm... Mind, my carry weapon is a small polymer framed 9mm for practical reasons (REALLY difficult to conceal a large frame here in N Texas weather), but... Nothing wrong with either as far as I can tell, I just prefer the older weapons favoring the Garand, IBM Carbine and my 1911's... Known to be reliable and what I have trained the most with, so am more comfortable with these... YMMV, whatever works for you of course...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.