22 September 2022

I'm Still Processing

I am still having trouble with how capacity has ballooned in small pistols.

I remember being giddy about how my old Shield fit in my pocket and was still a full-up 9mm.

But this...

14 rounds, ready to go; though pocket carry demands using the 10-round mag.  But still, 24 rounds at the ready and casually concealed on the hottest Florida day.

I mentioned before that this capacity is Hi-Power territory.

It's just a wee bit smaller than Saive's wonder-nine.

Living in the future is kinda neat.

It doesn't even stop with pocket guns.

The 2.0 9C is the same height and width as the Browning, but shorter, lighter and has more shots in factory configuration.


 I have science fiction game settings which didn't predict this!

6 comments:

  1. the only issue i've noticed with the "pocket" pistols is they can be very snappy...like the 43x...i have a 42 also and even though it's a blast to shoot, even it can feel a tad snappy...or is it just me?...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just you. I think the Shield Plus is less snappy than the OG Shield though. I've never fired the equivalent Glock though.

      Delete
  2. next time i'm at the range i'll shoot a few hornady critical defense 135 gr in the g43x...normally just shoot the cheap 115 gr range stuff...i bet it will be super snappy...i carry the 135 in my edc but it's a full size 17...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marv's 124gr loads are less snappy than the 115gr with about the same energy on bowling pin.

      I didn't find the 135gr more snappy than 115gr in my M&P 9 full size. My problem was that S&W didn't give me a rifling twist that would stabilize it well. It's a known issue with the earlier versions of that model.

      Delete
  3. I had a Kel Tec P11 that did all this 20+ years ago. But once Sig did the same thing with their p365, it became de rigueur. That chrome P11 was dead nuts reliable.. but they were known for being better than the standard blued models. -JKing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kel Tec, identifying lucrative product niches for other companies to exploit since 1995!

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.