04 September 2022

Prodigiously Priced Pistols

Panzer Guy suggested that I look into a Springfield Armory DS Prodigy.

MSRP is $1,500 to $1,700 with magazines (17, 20 and 26 round capacities) running $60 each.

About 33 ounces.

SPUTTER!

For a bit less, $1,300 or so, I could get FN's High-Power and get cheaper 17-round magazines for $56 each.  But the weight is 40 ounces.

The FN has more curb appeal.

But I'd be far more likely to drop on the M&P 9 2.0 Metal.

30 ounces for $650 and I already have magazines.

There's something to be said about not fucking with the existing log-chain.

 


1 comment:

  1. I did mention it wasn't cheap... I'm a Glock guy myself...I can't picture spending $1500 for a pistol or $60 for a mag...especially when I can get magpuls for $15 or less for my g17...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.