27 February 2018

SQUEEEEEEEEEE It Glows

OK.

No, it doesn't glow.  But it will.

The rear sight on a Tantal has an embedded tritium capsule.

There's a front sight that clips on so you have two dots to align in the dark to shoot.

It's not precision shooting, but I think the idea was you're not going to be seeing all that far in the dark, so the sights don't need to be match grade.

Both sights are supposed to use a 2.2x5mm vial.  2x6mm has been working for folks.

All I need now is for Apex to fix their AVS mismatch error so I can get a front sight.

Then it's off to some Godless foreign nation for the vials.  Seems like I've done this before...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.