20 July 2023

Speaking Of Poop

When I went to take the cartridges out of Willard's DP-51 to take pics, the rounds didn't wanna come up to the mouth.

At first I thought it was a bad spring.

But then I saw the specks.

At first I thought it was loose powder from a round that had come apart somehow.

So I dropped the floor plate...

The specks were roach droppings.

It was jammed full of little roach corpses.  So many that this mag would not have fed if needed.

No runners, all dead.

Allow me to use my vast college educated vocabulary and say, "Ick!"

If you have, or have ever had, a roach problem, you should check your magazines for this kind of thing.


4 comments:

  1. the big ick...we don't have them so much in north central tx...down in houston area near the coast and swampy areas they are everywhere...i remember the barracks at polk...they were everywhere there...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the magazine became 'Roach Grave Yard' ? I wonder why they chose to find that particular location and die in place.

    Here in south Texas, roaches are a thing. Nasty creatures. The City of McAllen is named 'City of Palms' but it is also known that cockroaches love those palm trees for the concealment of their bodies.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully here in central Texas we don't really have serious problems with bugs... But I can attest that panzer guy and jrg's experiences with Houston and the RGV aren't BS. My Mother just moved to near McAllen and she's had to employ a pest control service for her new place. She actually got bit by a Brown Recluse last winter down there. She's had her new place fumigated to avoid a repeat experience.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.