11 July 2023

Creature Of The Wheel

And, oh, brothers and sisters, I ask you to look at him.

Does he have the marks? Do you see them?

YES!

And, oh, brothers and sisters, I ask you to look at him.

Does he have the marks? Do you see them?

YES!


With the engine cooled down and no longer burning me, I managed to get a lighted mirror-on-a-stick back behind the intake manifold and a hook on the locking bar.

YANK!  Locking bar removed.

With that out of the way, I could use the hook to depress the latch and get the sender unplugged.

Using the directions on page 8-36 to 8-37: With the key off, I tested the resistance of terminal 1 to ground.  Less than 1 ohm: Good.  With the key on, I tested voltage of terminal 2 to ground.  5.1v DC which is within the desired range of 4.8 to 5.2 v DC: Good.

That means bad sensor.

Getting that plug disconnected also means that I don't need to pull the fucking intake manifold!

I do, however need a 26mm socket.  I will wait for Amazon to deliver the new sensor, then take it to the parts store to get the correct size socket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.