11 July 2023

P0523

Check engine light on The Beast.

Code scanner says P0523.

That's "Engine Oil Pressure Sensor / Switch High"

99.99% of the time that means a bad oil pressure sensor/switch.

Every once and a while it's a bad wire.

What's frustrating about this is:

Forgot to pair my scanner dongle with my new phone, so it wasn't working initially.

Once I figured out what the problem was, I went to the service manual...

After, literally, two hours of searching page by page; DTC P0523 is in the instruments and gauges section.  I found that by finally finding page 6-102 that has an alphabetical listing of ALL the trouble codes.  Interestingly there's no entry in the index for this list.

I have now written that page on the cover of my service manual.

With the correct page in the manual located, I went to check the values at the plug.

I cannot get the plug unplugged because the motherfucking latch is up against the cocksucking intake manifold.

I can disengage the locking clip, but I can't depress the latch.

I will try again with more light and a cold engine bay.

"Happily" the pressure switch is on the valley plate and you can remove the intake manifold for full access to the switch.

Ugh!

Parts ordered, hope to have her back on her feet later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.