06 February 2018

What I Did Today!



I went to Titusville and watched the launch of the VERY FIRST FOURTH electric car from Kennedy Space Center.

I also watched the return of the strap-on boosters.  Very cool!

Much slower than the Shuttle, much quieter but excellent growling crackle.

The boosters make a sonic boom that arrives just after they land.

I failed to take a single picture with my camera because I had it set up all wrong.

UPDATE:

Marv managed to get some vid shot, but his camera kept timing him out for some reason.



Don't mind the shakey cam...

2 comments:

  1. Watched it from the backyard. Because liquid fuels burn cleaner than solids, there's no contrail and it didn't seem bigger than the Shuttles. It's quite a bit more powerful than they were.

    Very cool to hear the payload is on the way to the asteroid belt, and probably millions of years in solar orbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole engineering department at my office stopped to watch it live. Definitely a stepping stone to the solar system, though we've a ways to go yet.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.