23 December 2021

Jobs Half Done

Got the RR wheel hub off The Precious and started to put back together when I decided to take a break.

I need a 24mm box-end to get the lower ball joint back on and I borrowed that from JT last time.

So I figured I'd chill a bit before running to Northern Tool and fired up the laptop.

I was greeted by the grinding sound of a failed CPU fan.

Happily, I have spares of those.

Sadly, you have to completely take the computer apart to get access to the heat-pipe screws.

So I went to Northern Tools and grabbed lunch over the next two hours and five miles then begged JT to come help with getting the motherboard out.  He's far more adroit than I am with this sort of thing.

He came over and did what I asked and I only messed up one thing in my part of the reassembly of the computer.  Which meant taking it halfway back apart to get the speakers plugged in.  Grumble, my fault, can't even take out my righteous anger on someone else!

Now I still have to get The Precious back together, but that's within my bailiwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.