19 January 2022

OK Deckplans Have At Thee!

I noticed that the cargo bay as shown was too small.

So I extended it forward a lot.

Then I started looking at the layout and thought, "this is not set up well at all."

So I started rearranging components.

This got especially drastic when I found that there's no place to put the power plant in engineering as shown on the rules-as-written deck plans.

Fine, you're gonna make me rearrange, then lets REARRANGE!

Passenger staterooms have been moved to the lower deck.

Some of the cargo has been moved to the upper deck and an air-raft sized deck elevator installed there.

Passenger country can be isolated from the rest of the ship.

Airlock and companionway have been added to the port side so the passengers don't have to walk through the cargo bay or engineering to get to their staterooms.

Best of all, it all fits properly in the 3D model I showed the other day!  Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.