17 September 2023

As It Turns Out

Now that I've done some wrenching on both my Australian Caprice and Canadian Equinoxes, I have to retract something I said earlier.

It is not NEW cars that are difficult to work on.

It was a 6th Generation Corvette that was hard to work on.

I am led to believe that the 7th Gen makes The Precious seem easy and the 8th Gen is figuratively sealed up to keep the home mechanic out.

The alternator/ac belt on the Equinox wasn't hard at all.

The belt that only ran the AC on The Precious took three times longer and involved a great deal of cussing.

The way the radiator had to come out still pisses me off.

I am coming to the idea that the Corvette engineers over thought things to the point that they created problems they didn't need to create without noticing.

1 comment:

  1. I have a theory that the more an object costs, or is perceived to cost, the more expensive the support is. So the newer and more expensive models need the expensive support. This is also in the gun industry. Big game rifles are incredibly expensive and the ammunition is insane. I was able to buy a Remington .375 Ultra Mag for $500. The ammunition is over $100 for a box of 20. I firmly believe they think the guy who bought this rifle is rich, they can afford the ammunition. Good thing I reload.
    JFM

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.