24 September 2023

That Used To Be Hush Hush

I remember when GURPS: Vehicles first came out, in 1993, and I was using it to make real vehicles to reality check the numbers.

With pen and paper because I didn't have a computer!

I knew a guy who was a submariner and I asked him how many megawatts the LA class's reactor put out.

He declined to say because it was, in his opinion, classified.

While I had a book that gave the shaft-horsepower, it didn't give me the reactor output.

Well, you can just check Wikipedia now.

The S6G makes between 150 and 165 MW.

Now I know.

It's only been bugging me for 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.