23 September 2023

Duncan v Bonta Take Like Five

Last time i mentioned it.

It would appear that Judge Benitez has ruled, again, that banning magazines by capacity is unconstitutional.

He had to rule again, because it got tossed back down because of Bruen.

Well.

Here we are.

Looks like a 10-day stay to let California make their near certain appeal to the ruling.

If I recall correctly, the path will then be a 3-judge panel of the 9th Circuit then an appeal to an en banc hearing of the 9th then to the US Supreme Court.

Again, I think...

It took about three years for that to wend its way up to USSC last time, I wonder if it will be quicker this time because it was a remand.

OR

California's gun grabbers will take the loss and limit the "damage" to just California, because a ruling from the 9th that agrees with Benitez's ruling means the whole 9th Circuit loses their magazine bans, meaning Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.

OR

They press this all the way to the Supremes again and... we add California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont's magazine bans to the burn barrel.

I think I need some popcorn!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.