06 February 2024

Combat ≠ War

AuricTech Shipyards has commented that there's a lot of people who've honorably served in combat whom are nearing retirement, but they are not the people who are almost all gone I was talking about.

Despite sending our troops into combat, we did not actually go to war.

We did something that is included when you do war, but we didn't conclude it.

Fighting, and even winning, battles is only part of the whole thing.

We never defeated the enemy.

We won battles but never vanquished our opponents.

And we've been doing it since Korea. 

The bad guys know they just need to wait until we get bored and head home.  We snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Which is why I'm an advocate of killing instead of humanitarian efforts.

Again, when you find the Curtis LeMay quote I'm coyly referring to, a lot becomes clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.