03 February 2024

Spinning Wrench Philosophy

I am not entirely opposed to hiring people to handle shit I cannot do.

I don't have, and cannot afford some critical tools.

I don't have an alignment rack.

I don't have the machines to mount or balance tires.

I don't have a paint booth.

I don't have a dyno.

The people I rail against are the folks who don't do anything at all.

They don't change oil.

They don't trouble shoot.

They don't make repairs.

They don't do mods.

There's too many people in that category.

I want to like them, but they keep wanting to act like their paying someone else is the same as my getting my hands dirty. 

Watching the people entered into the Sick Week Drags rammed it home.  Those people did their own shit because they couldn't take it to a shop when they bend a rod and need to be at the next stop in 12 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Some of us ENJOY bending our own wrenches. It's fun to embarrass a water-cooled checkbook "hotrodder" with $3000 worth of roll yer own in the garage vintage tin.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/1dbZz55bfMwmuqpd6

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.