29 February 2024

Spinning

Getting from "the car is shaking like it's going to fall apart" to "running like it should" on your own is a nice feeling.

"On my own" includes the generous help of Marv and JT who loaned time, tools and expertise to the solution.

There's just a couple of tools for cars that I will, likely, never own.

Tire machine.

Balancing machine.

Alignment rack.

I needed two of those to solve the problem, but I figured out I needed them via my own level of Mechanic/TL8 (Automobile).

I know a couple of fine people who wouldn't even be able to communicate the problem to a mechanic, let along begin fixing it.

I think it's interesting that Marv did much the same work on his Impala SS not too long ago and the two cars are as different as night and day about how the front suspension works.

He's got double a-arms and shocks.  I have dual lower control arms and struts.  Both are coil spring set-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.