20 February 2024

Wiggle Wiggle

I went for a long drive last night to investigate the shimmy.

It's only in right hand turns and only under what I'd call moderate steering.

More steering input, no wiggle.

Past a certain lateral G, no wiggle.

Less steering input, no wiggle.

Below a certain lateral G, no wiggle.

Below 40 mph, no wiggle.

At 55, very pronounced.

Marv is the one who remembered that if you have this kind of shimmy, only in turns, then there's something loose on the outside of the turn as the weight shifts onto the suspension there.

The driver's side did seem a little looser than the driver's when I had the struts out...

Control arms are so much cheaper than struts and MUCH simpler to install.  Oh, you can install them one at a time instead of in pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.