28 February 2024

Fair And Balanced

Sucked it up and took The Beast back to Tire Kingdom.

Told them that, now that everything is tight, I can feel something is wrong.

I told them about the vibration and how it moved when I did a tire rotation.

That impressed the mechanic listening over the managers shoulder.

They got me right in and balanced all four wheels.

Two of them needed a 1/2 ounce change.  One needed a full ounce.

!!!!

That's a lot of change to me!

They didn't charge me, so I am not complaining.

On the drive home I got in a couple of sprints.  Both felt smooth and free of vibrations.  Aside; though this car is short 80 horses and half a ton heavier than The Precious it still gets up and goes when you stab the accelerator!

This is the shop that originally installed the tires a couple of years ago and just did the alignment.

I recommend them if you're local.  Corner of US19 and Alt 19 in Holiday, FL.

UPDATE:  

Longer test drive at interstate speeds confirms the shakes, shimmies, and vibrations are quelled.

1 comment:

  1. Perseverance and bloody mindedness overcomes all problems, even the ones that "everyone" says can't be solved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.