09 February 2024

Past Its Useful Service Life

The driver's side mount was definitely in an advanced state of decay.


L to R:  Driver's side, new replacement, passenger's side.

The driver's side being this bad and feeling it from the right side makes sense because the sway bar's job is to transfer from the loaded side to the unloaded.

I will give Holden credit for making the nuts visible, but doing the 1/16th turn thing is irritating because they routed the positive battery cable right where I wanted my wrench to turn; on both sides!

I'm taking a break to eat before I put the wheels back on and test drive.

2 comments:

  1. When I had the front suspension worked on, I had them put in Urethane bushing and it is stiffer but the ride feels better overall in my 2000 Chevy C-3500. I am considering it for them replace the bushing on the rear this next spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Converting to poly bushings means more work than I wanted to do. They don't make a 24mm mount for my frame, so I'd have to adapt a universal kit. For this car that's a take-off-the-bumper job to get good access.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.