16 February 2024

Paranoia

The Beast has displacement on demand.

The failure of the system appears to be random with some people experiencing several failures with relatively low miles and some people putting hundreds of thousands miles without trouble.

The PPV community is savage about deleting it.

It's regarded as a flaw that will leave you stranded.

I'm poised to make a trip to Texas for the eclipse in April and I wasn't sweating it... until...

A buddy's truck bend a push-rod from a DoD lifter failure.

Now I'm jumpy.

I guess I could take Moxie instead, but...

I am sitting here wondering if I could knock out a DoD delete before it's time to go.

It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of money.  I just don't have the cash up front, and won't before it's time to leave.  Definitely have it done this year, though.

I plan on having the system disabled this week.

3 comments:

  1. If you can make it here even if you have a problem my friend's DIY shop is open 7 days and we can do it. He's experienced with retro-de-fitting DOD.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has a 2008 chevy half ton that had the AFM. At about 125,000 miles the number four lifter seized up and set a misfire code. I purchased the parts for the delete (cam, lifters, new cover for lifter valley, new oil pump, new cam gear with proper notches for the sensor to read, timing chain and crank gear, and bully dog computer programmer.) The cam is a fifty hp increase over stock cam. Runs really good! You can get a plug in afm delete that will serve you until you can get the afm delete kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cam I'm eyeing (OEM LS3) is good for 20-40 horses depending on how much tuning I can afford, but 20 right out of the box.

      HP Tuners has a check-box for the AFM and, once credits are purchased, allows for tuning too. The path is broad and well tread for this cam in my engine.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.