25 February 2024

Toe And Go

I took it upon myself to see if I could get a crude alignment done by adjusting the toe on the driver's front tire and then going around the block and see if the car went straight.

After about five tries, including an over-correction, The Beast now tracks straight.

I still want to put it on an alignment rack.  Going straight doesn't mean the tires aren't going to wear unevenly.

To that end, I'd scheduled an appointment with a different shop for 3pm today and when I arrived... They were swamped.  Jobs that were taking longer than expected and several walk-ins.

Sunday is a busy day, it seems.

Plus the person I'd made the appointment with had double booked a couple of jobs, adding to the mayhem.

I offered to come back tomorrow, they gratefully accepted my offer.

1 comment:

  1. Feces happens. I hope things go better tomorrow. I had to replace the center link and tie rod ends on my C3 a while back and just driving it from the DIY shop to the sop that did the alignment was a real adventure... It was out of whack enough even driving slow enough to piss off everyone behind me it was nerve wracking because it was all over the place. Definitely though even close enough the car doesn't drive weird I've seen tires wear really unevenly, so getting it done right is indeed important.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.