01 December 2021

Externality

A connection I just made about some former friends who're liberals.

They would make sweeping declarations about people whom I resembled.

For instance, "The Tea Party is a racist organization."

I would ask, "How did you come to this conclusion?"

They would cite their favorite media source.

I would mention my attendance at a Tea Party event and how there was a strong minority representation in the crowd.

At this point dissonance occurs, but doesn't last long.

The favored media source is unimpeachable to them.  Data in conflict with this source is discarded.

I am constantly amazed that people who think of themselves as the party of science don't grasp the scientific concept of "account for all the data."

Of course, they can't make a falsifiable statement to save their lives either, and I'm thinking that they're going to have to in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Ya gotta know that you aren't dealing with rational people when a black man says something contrary to the narrative and they start screeching about him being a white supremacist. Facts simply don't matter to these people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days, "racist" has come to mean what "fascist" did, even before the end of World War II. It just means "I don't like him and don't want to engage anything he says, so I'll use this word to cloud people's so-called minds and make them dismiss him."

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.