16 August 2022

Deep Scan Take Three

Thanks to an anonymous comment...

I found the settings to exclude the HFS+ drive for the Mac side's OS.

Started the deep scan again.

Hit a wall in the progress when the deep scan hit the HFS+ formatted drive for Time Machine that the Mac side uses to back itself up.

Bootcamp is handy for running Window on Mac hardware, but comes with oddities like this.

So I excluded the Time Machine drive and am running deep scan yet again.

Something interesting has appeared.

With the E: and I: drives included in the scan, progress at the end of the C: drive showed as 98%

With just E: excluded, same deal.

With both excluded progress is 83% at the end of C:.

I love technology.

UPDATE: 2 hours and 30 minutes to scan all the NTFS and exFAT drives.  Nothing found.  As hoped and expected.

1 comment:

  1. That was me. For some reason, I can't comment using my Google account - when I try, the page just refreshes - and I forgot to sign it. Sorry.

    - Sendarius

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.