24 August 2022

Hypothesis

The Primary Arms SLx 1x MicroPrism arrived today!


Using the medium height cantilever mount mounted backwards allows the LaRue Po-Boy to continue to have a useful function.  It also makes it an ersatz first focal plane 2.5x LPVO!

I like the Cyclops Gen II reticule a great deal.

 

Though I don't have it cranked near bright enough to see the red illumination here, you can see that you don't need it to use the scope when it's bright out.

That's a feature of etched glass reticules I really like in addition to it being crisp and clear for my astigmatismatic eye balls.

You can also see that it's not a true 1x with the ocular cranked for focus with my eyes.

The 1x MicroPrism is lighter than the StrikeFire II it's replacing.  0.5 lb. vs 0.7 lb.

Something else interesting is this, in GURPS terms, a collumating sight in terms of benefits even though it's real behavior matches a telescopic sight better.

The reticule works like a red-dot, but the optics and illumination are more like a telescopic sight.

So it should give a +1 to Guns/TL8 (Rifle), like a collumator.

But the glass nullifies a -1 for darkness penalties and the illumination another -2.

A collumating scope gives a -3, so same effect at the end of the day.

I think I need a new kind of scope rule...

Damn technology not holding still for game rules.  Again.

1 comment:

  1. my 3x is the same sight, just magnified...they kind of surprise you when you open the box on how small they really are...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.