22 August 2022

Experiment!

Primary Arms makes a 1x etched glass reticle optic.

Even better, it's got an adjustable ocular.

This is a red-dot for someone with astigmatism!


It's also tiny, lightweight and uses a battery I already stock deep.

Also cool is that it can be mounted on an AR carry handle.

The model shown comes with a variety of spacers to mount it at various heights and offsets from the mount base.

It's a little spendy at $270, but that's only a little more than a traditional red-dot that's really a red smear for me.

Anyone need a Vortex Strikefire II?

UPDATE: It's officially a Primary Arms SLX 1X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen 2 Reticle.

Click this finely crafted link to get yours from Amazon.  It's buying it through Amazon, not from Amazon.  Primary Arms is the seller.

6 comments:

  1. I have enough astigmatism that plain red dots don't work very well for me. I have one of these on a 9mm PCC, much like. I also have one of the 3x mag versions that is the same size on a 5.56 AR. Also much like.

    The BDC part of the reticle is a bit hard to see on the 1x version, but no drawbacks to having it there.

    Only gripe is no handy or easy flip covers, but the rubber thing works decent enough.

    BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. McThag, I've never used this particular optic, but I wouldn't hesitate to drop the coin on it. I have many Primary Arms scopes, and they are universally high quality. The company occupies what I consider the sweet spot for value-for-money; that is they're a (relatively) small name in their industry, growing, hungry, and innovative. I especially like their ACSS reticle. It's one of the most intuitive ranging/BDC reticles I've ever seen.
    Heh, I may buy one myself.

    Regards, Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a repeat Primary Arms customer. Early adopter, actually. Dottie wears a PAC5X, Andrea an SLx 5x and Kevina a PAC3X.

      I prefer them to the far more expensive Trijicon ACOG, to be honest.

      Adjustable ocular for the win!

      Delete
  3. have that same sight in the 3x...haven't had a chance to get to the range yet...( https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-3x-microprism-with-red-illuminated-acss-raptor-556-308-reticle-yard )...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I like about Primary Arms is they ship fast... and they're only about 150 miles from me... so regular shipping is usually next day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.