14 August 2022

I Really Didn't

A longish while ago Willard bought a Savage 340 from one of the local pawn shops.

That's a bolt gun in .30-30.

A thread at The Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy known as Arfcom where someone is wanting a .30-30 but is not enamored of lever guns made me want to show them a picture of that 340.

I did not take a single one.

I remember it being very finicky about how fast you worked the bolt and we were not certain if the detachable magazine was in the best shape.

I don't recall if the Triple K replacement worked any better.

It also occurs to me that the Savage 340 is the kind of gun we used to hear about on Forgotten Weapons.  Alas.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine had one in .22 Hornet, a fine walk-about rifle that did not weigh you down. He used it for coyote hunting and the ranchers who gave him permission to hunt their land were comfortable with him using it, the small report equating less potential damage to their livestock. He was often invited back. I shot it on two occasions and did not notice any feeding issues with it. Very light recoil, almost polite in fact.

    I'm guessing finding replacement / spare parts for it now would be rather difficult. I wish your friend luck with it. Not everyday you come across a bolt action 30-30.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.