31 August 2022

Where Have I Been

Marion Zimmer Bradley helped her husband molest children?

I did not know that.

Sorry, I was busy not being her customer because I wasn't in her customer demo so I wasn't paying attention to allegations after she died.

The Facebook thread that informed me of her crimes makes mention of the contrast between her and JK Rowlings with regards to separating the work from the author.

Actual criminal activity: You have to look at all the good the work did for so many.

Expresses an opinion that's out of favor: Boycott her!  Banish her!

Despite enjoying the Harry Potter books, I've long found Ms Rawlings an insufferable snob.  She hates Americans and I hate her right back.  She hates me with my money in her pocket too, fucking bitch.

But that's machts nichts.

Her being a snob and me deciding that she's got enough of my money are personal decisions that don't rise to the level of demanding she stop being a snob, or that she should no longer be published.

Zimmer Bradley?  Fuck that cunt.  Piss on her grave.

Her publisher is donating all the proceeds of her posthumous sales to some good causes aimed at stopping shitheels like her and her husband.

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that JKR hates Americans. A lot of British people find us abrasive and obnoxious, but that's a different thing. I agree with you about the hypocrisy, but I've never, ever been on board with this "trans" nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she doesn't hate Americans she should have used different words when talking about casting the movies and the production thereof.

      Delete
  2. There is some crossover between the parties that MZB and her pedophilic husband (author of THE seminal book on the subject of man-love) and an organization that started in Berkeley in the 60's that has people actually hitting one another with sticks. When I questioned the connection amongst elder members of the organization who knew her and hubby, well, hmmmm...

    I tried to read her stuff before I heard about the horrors she inflicted upon others, and I never could get into her stuff. Blah, blah, gurl power, blah, blah. Not even good gurl power or pseudo-history. Blech. Twisted garbage that, after hearing about her 'history', started to make sense in all the wrong ways.

    As to JKR, I can handle her despising us Americans. And I understand her wanting an all-English cast in the HP movies. It's her world, and we don't have to enter into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bradley made up the name "Society for Creative Anachronism" and contributed articles to Tournaments Illuminated and the Knowne World Handbook, under her Societey name of "Diana Listmaker."

      Delete
  3. If you wish to know the horiffic details of how Bradley and her husband treated children, read her daughter's book, The Last Closet: The Dark Side of Avalon, written under the name Moira Greyland Peet.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.