16 August 2022

Boot Time One Hour

After running AVG for, like, five days straight, svchost was using ALL the RAM.

So I go for a reboot.

It hangs on the Starting Windows screen for ten minutes then dumps me into startup repair.

I let that run for a bit and the screen goes dark and the monitors go to sleep, but the drive is clicking like mad.

After about 40 minutes of that, the fans are down to idle speed and the clicking has stopped.

So I hold down the power button to force a shut-down and reboot.

Viola!  All better now!

Windows is so damn random sometimes and some of my problems are likely because it's a Bootcamp installation of it.

1 comment:

  1. the scan was probably done but it took so long windows didn't know what to do...sometimes it spazzes out like someone who wasn't elected but holds office...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.