25 August 2022

Well Except...

I was patting myself on the back about what I good job I'd done in sorting the AR magazines and keeping inappropriate ammo out of barrels not made for it.

5.56x45mm for 1:9 or 1:7 twist goes in a PMAG.

5.56x45mm for 1:12 goes in an aluminum USGI.

6.8x43mm goes into a stainless steel mag with purple tape around the base (tactile and visual!).

It all fell apart when I remembered that my XM177E2 clone has a 1:9 barrel and I can't remember if it's zeroed for M855 or M193...  But I've been using USGI 20-rounders...  I think it's zeroed for 55gr.

The M16A2 clone also has a 1:9 barrel, but for photos, I have a USGI 30-rounder loaded with M855, complete with green tips.

I've gotten away from 1:9 since I started this AR thing.

Kaylee started with 1:9 and now wears 1:7.

Two of the remaining 1:9 are retro SBR's.

All the home-defense guns are 1:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.