21 August 2022

Ka Pla!

We endeavored to persevere and tried the range in the evening.

No line, no waiting for the rifle range.

Marv's $40 airsoft EOTech fraud nearly got us kicked out because it was so off center he shot the right side wall of the range.

I wasn't even there!  I was in the restroom!

After our lecture from the range officer Marv aimed downrange and I could see his barrel was still to the right after he put a bunch of turns on the knob.

More turns and the point of aim at least vaguely resembled the barrel's direction and he shot a wide group from the center to far left edge of the target.

Moving back right worked twice, but then went left again.

Something was clearly wrong, so we quit the EOFake.  Once he got home, Marv found that the screw for the quick-release mount had come loose and the scope was free to move about.  He's probably going to try zeroing it again.  I think he should relax and let the hooks do their work and get a Vortex Srikefire or SparcAR.

I confirmed the post-fall-from-the-bed zero to terrazzo floor on Brenda.  I did this because after the fall, the irons and the red-dot no longer agreed.

Cranking the dot back onto the irons proved to be correct and she's zeroed out to 100 yards again now.

Hoping the range was going to be as vacant as it was, I took Willard's Marlin Camp Carbine for a function check.

Shoots low and centered for me and low and centered for Marv.

The sights are basic and hard for my blind eyes to lock onto.

But a very neat carbine, lots of fun I think.

If it were my gun I'd get a Picatinny rail section for the drilled and tapped top-deck and plant a red-dot there.

But, even so, getting old has a price and red-dots are growing ever less distinct for me as the astigmatism gets worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.