28 August 2022

No-Witness Sight

Took Brenda to the range to see what the fuck.

Removed the MicroPrism 1x and zeroed the BUIS.

Yes, I am still blind, but the 25m group is OK.

Once it was zeroed, a miracle seems to have occurred!  The rear sight is no longer all the way over to the left!

Huzzah!

About here I got busted for using ADI F1A1 ball, which has a steel core like M855.

Then I found out my S&B 55gr M193 is bimetallic jacketed and, thus, also forbidden from the range.

So I got a couple of boxes of PMC X-TAC 55gr FMJ.

It shot the same size group to the same point of aim as the ADI, so I moved on to zeroing the SLx MicroPrism (again).

Piece of cake.

Now the fun part.

Flip up the Magpul BUIS and line the sights up through the scope.

WAY high and right from the point of aim.  Parallax, maybe?  Dunno.

What I now know is that I cannot use the irons through the scope.

American Defense AD-B2 STD QD mount is in my future!

I also forced myself to remember all those basic rifle marksmanship lessons and get an OK group at 100 yards.  I used to be better, but I'm knocking the rust off!

All in all, a productive day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.