28 August 2022

Odd

I took Brenda to the range with the new MicroPrism.

I'd dialed it to match the irons that I'd recently zeroed the other day.

It shot significantly to the right of aim.

When I got it zeroed, it did not match the irons at all.

Matching the irons to the scope now has the rear sight pegged all the way to the left.

Something is not right.

I think I might take her back to the range and see if the irons are way off and it's some sort of optical illusion from a prism sight that keeps them from being co-witnessed.

If so, that will mean I need a QD base for the scope so I can chuck it if I never need to use the back-up iron.

2 comments:

  1. Paralax is fixed on those, I don't recall the fixed range off hand. Could be that causing the optical shenannigins

    BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe i should get one for my slx 3x...didn't think about that...obviously since it's magnified, you can't really co-witness it...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.